Apply Tibet Travel Permit 2019 with Lhasa-based Travel Agency
2018 Tibet travel permit situation update for foreign travelers on March 9th
As of Nov.22, 2018, all Tibet travel permits application has been in good situation. There is no news of 2019 Tibet travel permits ban. But as usual, we do not suggest foreign travelers to travel to Tibet between Feb.1 and March 31 in 2019. As the Tibetan new year and Chinese new year is in the same period of time, foreign travelers are not suggested to visit Tibet due to historical and political reasons. Our agency has begun all paper work preparation for Tibet permit application especially for those tour groups coming December and early January in 2019. For those wanting Kailash pilgrimage in early April, we suggest an early booking to avoid permit urgent case.
Moreover, from late 2017, the Tibet group visa application in Kathmandu takes at least 3 working days, and the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu, Nepal had announced a new restriction for the Tibet Group Visa for 26 different nationalities as following: 1. Pakistan, 2. Bangladesh, 3. Sri Lanka, 4. Afghanistan, 5. Azerbaijan, 6. Lebanon, 7. Syria, 8. Iraq, 9. Iran, 10. Kazakhstan, 11. Kyrgyzstan, 12. Tajikistan, 13. Turkey, 14. Uzbekistan, 15. Albania, 16. Democratic Republic of Congo, 17. Ghana, 18. Cameroon, 19. Kenya, 20. Libya, 21. Mali, 22. South Sudan, 23. Nigeria, 24. Somalia, 25. Tunisia, 26. Chad. So, all these 26 nationalities travelers should obtain the Chinese visa from the Chinese Embassy in their home country.
Information needed for 2018-2019 Tibet travel permit application:
- Arrival date and departure date;
- Entry point city (please confirm flight booking at least 15 days in advance, train booking at least 60 days in advance) and exit point city;
- Foreign traveler's passport photo copy needs to be provided 10-30 days in advance (and China visa photo copy if you enter Tibet from mainland China);
- Travel itinerary (you can have permit itinerary with your ideal places you wish to see, but your actual travel itinerary can be the same or just part of the full permit itinerary);
- Apply the 4-8 days easy cultural tour at least 10-14 working days before arrival, and at least 15 working days before arrival for EBC tour, and 30-45 days before arrival for Kailash tour, Chengdu-Tibet overland or Shangri-la Tibet overland tour.
Tips for your Tibet travel to optimize your time and money
- Decide where you will have to go in Tibet;
- Book Tibet travel permit with your maximum duration covering all places you want to visit in Tibet (per your actual arrival and departure date);
We have successfully obtained Tibet travel permit for thousands of travelers, who also enjoyed our great tour services. To apply for a Tibet permit for tour in late 2018 and early 2019, you need to email the scanned copy of your Chinese visa and passport as early as possible, then we will take care of the whole complicated application procedures for you on time. Because in the winter season, Tibet local officials have low working effeciency and permits process is fairly slower than normal.
- Book hotel in Lhasa. As a Lhasa-based travel agency, our accommodation sales price is lower than TripAdvisor or any other online agent such as booking.com or trip.com;
- Try to book optional 1-day tours in Lhasa and leave you some free time (without any tour activities in Lhasa, e.g., just book the day tour of Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor street in advance);
- If your trip covers Everest Base camp, Kailash or other area needing military permits, foreign affairs permit, please contact us at least 45 days before your actual arrival date.